Tuesday, September 24, 2013

State of Birdhouse Now in 2013



                
                       I am requesting to have the birdhouse rebuilt and mounted on a post in a new location free from vegetation and easier for the birds to access. I was raised in Wilbraham since birth in the same house behind the pond. I recently moved back to Wilbraham after being away for almost 9 years and was disheartened to see the birdhouse falling apart. This birdhouse/apartment was my favorite part of the pond and the subject of many Girl Scout projects in my youth.  I am asking the committee for permission to start this project and to help allocate the funds of $900.00 for the benefit of the neighborhood and town for future generations of nature lovers. The birdhouse will be built by a local woodworker and placed at the pond  in April 2015 just in time for nesting season.

-Extraction of proposal paper to Wilbraham Conservation Committee September 23, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment